BHAC now accepts Paypal!
Click Below to pay for Membership and Fees
Click Below to pay for Guest Fees
Kristen Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this form to pay dues via credit card Credit Card Authorization Form_BHAC
We have a waiting list for the 2017 season.
Please contact at email above for details.
Pool opens Memorial Day weekend!
BHAC now accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
Current Club Officers
President: Christian Thiele email@example.com
Membership Director: Kristen Erickson firstname.lastname@example.org
Pools, Grounds & Buildings Director: Dan Eberhardt email@example.com
Secretary Jennifer Ruprich firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Director : Jim & Sue Schaefer
V.P. Administration: Bill Myers email@example.com
Important Phone Numbers / Contact Info
Club Manager: Joe Ford firstname.lastname@example.org
More about BHAC
We have 2 pools. One is the kiddies pool, which is for babies and toddlers that are not yet potty trained. For sanitary purposes, we ask that swim diapers be worn. Our big pool was renovated and is new as of the summer of 2004. It is much larger & has swimming lanes, a ledge that goes around most of the shallow end of the pool, which cuts off the shallow end from the diving/deep end of the pool. NO SWIM DIAPERS ALLOWED IN THE BIG POOL. We have 4 tennis courts, and a play area plus a pavilion for eating & hosting birthday parties, card parties, etc.
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE BEVERLY HILLS ATHLETIC CLUB
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to assure safe and sanitary operation of the swim club facilities. Failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of Club privileges for the offending member, and can also be considered, if sufficiently serious, cause for cancellation of membership.
1. CLUB HOURS
- BHAC maintains operating hours from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. The swim club may open prior to Memorial Day and remain open after Labor Day for swim and tennis team purposes. The Club opens daily during the summer from 10am to 9 pm. For a brief time period before Birmingham public schools close, the club maintains limited operating hours, if the weather is pleasant. Said hours will be posted on the club’s website, www.thebhac.com.
- A lane for swimming lengths will be provided for, or disposed with, at the discretion of the Manager.
- Pool will be closed on swim meet/special event nights one hour prior to the start of the event. Times and dates will be posted.
- When health, safety or weather conditions so require, the Manager, at his/her discretion, may close or suspend operation of any or all club facilities.
- All members must check in at the Potter’s Booth for admission. All guests must be registered by a member before entering and each guest privilege used will be recorded. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
3. GUEST PRIVILEGES
- The charge per guest is $3.00 (adult or child). Children under 2 are free.
- Grandparents may visit the pool with their grandchildren without payment of guest fees.
- A Babysitter/Nanny, at least 16 years of age, accompanying member’s children, without the parent member present will be permitted without payment of guest fees. If adult member is present, the babysitter/nanny must be signed is as a guest with guest fees charged.
- No one under the age of 13 may bring a guest without an adult member present.
- The Board of Directors has the authority to extend temporary guest privileges at any time.
- Guest fees will be billed at the end of the season or with the following year’s membership dues. If a member terminates their membership prior to paying guest fees, the fees will be deducted from equity money owed them.
- Inquires regarding extended privileges should be directed to the VP: Administration.
- Automobiles must not be operated over 5 mph on the club premises or entrance roadway.
- Bicycle riders and pedestrians must use only the sidewalk and bicycle entrance.
- Bicycles must be parked in racks so that sidewalks are kept clear. This will be strictly enforced.
5. GENERAL PREMISES
- No loud, rough or boisterous conduct or activities shall be allowed including the use of obscene or profane language.
- No playing of radios at loud, objectionable noise levels shall be allowed.
- No pets allowed within the premises.
- No smoking on club grounds.
- The cost of any malicious property damage caused by irresponsible acts will be charged to the responsible member.
- Life Guards have the authority to ask any member(s) to leave the club if the member(s) is causing any type of disturbance, argument or involved in any inappropriate behavior. In the event of a Guard asking a member to leave the premises, the club manager and board of directors will be notified.
- Food or refreshments may be consumed only under the pavilion or picnic areas.
- Food or Beverages of any kind with the exception of water bottles are not permitted in the enclosed pool areas.
- Everyone is responsible for clearing their own debris. Please show consideration to other members by clearing all trash and placing in proper receptacles.
- No alcoholic beverages of any nature shall be permitted on the club premises.
- No glass containers of any kind are to be brought onto the club property.
- All persons shall use the club facilities at their own risk. The club will not be responsible for any accident or injury, loss or damage to persons or property.
- Lost and Found is located behind the office.
6. MEMBER’S CHILDREN
- Children under 10 years of age will not be permitted into the club premises unless accompanied by an adult with the exception of swim and tennis team members during regularly scheduled practices.
- Children under 10 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times including playground, tennis and restrooms areas.
7. KIDDIE POOL
- Use of the kiddie pool shall be limited to children 7 years of age and under, supervised by a parent or guardian within the enclosed pool area at all times.
- Food and Beverages are prohibited from the pool area with the exception of water bottles.
- Sand from the play area/volleyball pit is prohibited from the pool area.
- Everyone must shower before entering the Kiddie pool from the playground/volleyball areas of the club.
- Children who are not completely toilet trained are restricted to the use of the Kiddie Pool. Said children are required to use swim diapers.
8. MICHIGAN PUBLIC ACT 230
- A person using a swimming pool shall take a cleansing shower using warm water and soap before entering the pool enclosure. A person leaving the area to use toilet facilities shall take another shower before returning to the pool.
- A person having an infectious or communicable disease shall be excluded from a swimming pool. A person with a bandage or with a possible infectious condition such as a cold, skin eruption, open blister, or inflamed eyes shall be excluded. A person with such a condition may be granted use of a swimming pool upon presentation of a physician’s statement that the condition is not contagious.
- Spitting, blowing nose or otherwise polluting the swimming pool water or related facilities is prohibited.
- Running, boisterous or rough play, except supervised water sports, shall not be permitted in swim pool enclosure or locker room.
- A person in street clothes or shoes, except a person whose official duties require that he enter the swimming pool enclosure, shall not be permitted.
- Glass, soap, lotion or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool enclosure. Food and drink shall be permitted only in an area separated completely by a barrier from an area used by bathers.
- No gum chewing allowed inside pool enclosure.
9. BHAC POOL RULES
- Full face masks or fins, auxiliary swimming or diving equipment and the use of teaching aids by an adult in the pool are only permissible with manager’s approval. Swim goggles are allowed.
- Children who are not completely toilet trained are prohibited from using the main pool. Swim diapers are not allowed in the main pool. There will be no exceptions to this rule. See attached BHAC Fecal Containment Policy.
- Water wings are permitted as long as the child’s parents or guardian is within an arm’s length of the child. No other inflatable toys are allowed in the pool with the exception of designated Float Nights.
- Sand from the playground area/volleyball pit is prohibited from the pool areas.
- Diving area is restricted to divers only, except for play period which will be designated at the discretion of the manager.
- Only one person may be on the diving board at any one time with the exception of diving coach during scheduled practices.
- A person on the diving board must wait for area under board to clear before diving.
10. VOLLEYBALL AND PLAYGROUND AREAS
- There will be no playing on the roof of the play structure, walking up the slide, or rough playing.
- Sand is to remain in designated areas. Throwing of sand is not permitted.
- Pulling on the net of the volleyball pit is prohibited.
- Children are to be supervised by an adult at all times in the play area.
11. TENNIS COURTS RULES
- The tennis courts with the exception of the half practice court are to be used solely for tennis purposes.
- Food and beverages with the exception of water bottles are not allowed on the tennis courts.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on the tennis courts at all times. No bare feet allowed.
- A “Sign-up Sheet” Will be available on the tennis board for court time, clinics, and ball machine rentals
- Members may reserve the club for parties during regular business hours. Exceptions to this rule require BHAC Board approval.
- Daily guest fees and privileges apply and are charged as stated in section 3, Guest Privileges.
- Parties must be planned in advance with the manager who will inform member of date availability and additional rules regarding private parties. The club will remain open during parties.